frequently asked questions

What everyone wants to know

We've listed some of the more commonly asked questions we get about Helen R. Tucker Adult Developmental Center below. Hopefully, they'll answer any you may have; but if not, please feel free to let us know how we can help!

What areas do you serve?

We provide the bulk of our services to Lauderdale and Tipton counties in West Tennessee; however, our Family Support Program extends to the following counties as well:

  • Dyer
  • Crockett
  • Lake
  • Lauderdale
  • Obion
  • Tipton
What Types of Donations do you accept?

While we would love to accept the many offerings of equipment and supplies we get offered, we can't due to state regulations regarding the use of such equipment with those we help. So, if you would like to help us out, a monetary donation is the best way to go.

What is the Family Support Program?

The purpose of the family support program is to support:

  1. Families who have school-aged or younger children with severe disabilities
  2. Adults with severe disabilities who choose to live with their families
  3. Adults with severe disabilities not supported by other residential programs funded by state or federal funds
How can I get more information on the Family Support Program to see if I qualify?

Contact Ms. Ethel Tyus at (731) 635-4290 for help with or questions about the Family Support Program

How do I enroll in a waiver program through DIDD?

For enrollment assistance and questions, family members or advocates should contact:

Kimberly Turner, Intake Coordinator
901-745-7268 (phone)
901-745-7273 (fax)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© 2020 Helen R. Tucker Adult Developmental Center. All rights reserved.

Website provided by JONROG technology